The Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA) is a non-profit professional association, governed by a Board of Directors directly elected by its global membership, of more than 90,530 members in 211 countries. PRMIA is represented globally by 60 chapters in major cities around the world, led by Regional Directors appointed by PRMIA's Board.
PRMIA Mission and Objectives
Established in 2002 by a volunteer group of risk industry professionals, PRMIA's mission is to provide a free and open forum for the promotion of sound risk management standards and practices globally. To accomplish this mission, PRMIA's objectives are:
- To be a leader of industry opinion and a proponent for the risk management profession
- Drive the integration of practice and theory and certify the credentials of professional risk managers
- Connect practitioners, researchers, students and others interested in the field of risk management
- Be global in focus, promoting cross-cultural ethical standards, serving emerging as well as more developed markets
- Work with other professional associations in furtherance of PRMIA's mission
PRMIA is dedicated to providing resources, networking, and thought leadership to help our members achieve the highest standards from the cradle to the pinnacle of their careers. PRMIA will guide you through these tough economic times by providing you with the educational and training opportunities needed to strengthen your risk management knowledge and skills.
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) Designation Endorsed by leading businesses and universities, the PRM is the global standard for the world's top financial risk professionals - essential to practicing industry CROs.
- Associate PRM Certificate The Associate PRM Certification is designed for staff entering the risk management profession, or other users such as auditing, accounting, legal, and systems developmentpersonnel who need to understand fundamental risk management methods and practices.
- Publications PRMIA Publications provide you with access to some of the highest quality and most relevant writing for professional risk managers.
- Online Training PRMIA offers over 700 online professional development courses, delivered individually or as a corporate package and available anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- In-House Training Tailored training programs are designed specifically for your company and taught by faculty from leading worldwide universities and industry experts.
- Classroom Training PRMIA and leading universities around the world have come together to offer specialist and advanced courses in risk management taught by world authorities in their subjects.
PRMIA's Global Presence
PRMIA is active in nearly every major financial center worldwide and provides an extensive and engaged network of risk professionals. PRMIA currently has more than 90,530 members in over 211 countries represented by nearly 60 chapters worldwide.
PRMIA offers over 150 meetings each year through its local chapters, giving members access to the best practices of the global risk profession and to a local network of colleagues. Executive staff and board members can take advantage of the PRMIA C-Suite, which connects a global network of 3,000 Chief Risk Officers and the most senior risk professionals.
PRMIA members have access to a wealth of online resources including a Jobs Board with risk management job openings in cities around the world, links to past presentations and papers, and much more.
Sustaining members form the foundation of our organization. Through their support and commitment, we are able to offer a free and open forum for the promotion of sound risk management standards and practices worldwide.