Skip to main content
Corporate and Organizational
Risk Management Initiative in Microfinance
Pricing and Exam Schedule
2019 PRM Transition
Thought Leadership Webinars
Risk Type Compass
Volunteer Leaders & Committees
Board of Directors
AORM | L4: Scenario Analysis: Method for Quantifying Events
Scenario analysis is critically important in risk, both for management and measurement. Quantification of rare events does not have to be guess-work and does not necessarily require heavy quantitative background. The Lesson explains how, in a few simple steps, scenario assessment can be decomposed into a useful discussion about exposure, control layers and points of failures, for better mitigation and more robust quantification.
Lesson 4.1: Scenario identification
• Definition of Scenario Analysis
• Challenges and Uses of Scenarios
• Regulatory Requirements
• Six Steps of Scenario Analysis
• Running a Scenario Generation Workshop
Lesson 4.2: Scenario assessment
• Elements of Assessment
• Delphi Technique
• Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Structured Scenarios
Lesson 4.3: Scenario validation
• Scenario Documentation Sheet
• Role and Process of Scenario Validation
• Use of Scenario Data in Capital
• Use of Scenario Data in Management
Discounted member price:
You could save:
AORM | L2: Risk Appetite Statements and Tolerance ...
AORM | L3: A Modern Representation of RCSAs
AORM | L5: Six Steps to Define and Design...
AORM | L6: Operational Risk Management for...
AORM | L7: Info Security Assessment & Cyber...
AORM | L8: Conduct and Culture: Measurement and...