Changes to Website
PRMIA may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time. PRMIA may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of or the entire site without notice or liability.
Unless otherwise stated in these terms, the contents of this site, including, but not limited to, text, names, data, compilations, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, audio, video, code, methods, techniques, models and software (the "Contents"), are the property of PRMIA or its licensors/providers ("Providers") and are protected by the patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret laws of the United States and/or other countries. All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained in this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of PRMIA or any Third-Party Provider.
Use of Content
PRMIA encourages the sharing of best practice concepts and ideas, many of which are expressed and developed using materials which may be found on or through the PRMIA Website. You must keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices that are part of this content when sharing Content with others and you may not use Content for commercial purposes, except within your company, without the prior written consent of PRMIA and/or Providers.
Requests for such consent should be sent to:
Professional Risk Managers’ International Association, 1700 Cannon Road, Suite 200, Northfield, MN 55057
Some or all Providers impose terms and conditions of use in addition to those set forth here. Your use of Contents from those Providers is further subject to those additional terms and conditions of use.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH THE CONTENTS ARE OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT POTENTIAL HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENTS, AND ALTHOUGH THE CONTENTS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, THEY ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU AGREE THAT PRMIA, PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, "CONTENT PROVIDERS") CANNOT AND DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENTS. PRMIA AND CONTENT PROVIDERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM USAGE OR CUSTOM OR TRADE OR BY OPERATION OF LAW. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT PRMIA AND CONTENT PROVIDERS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS.
YOU ALSO AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL PRMIA OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY OR PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY EVENTS BEYOND THEIR CONTROL OR NEGLIGENCE IN PROCURING, COMPILING, OBTAINING, INTERPRETING, EDITING, WRITING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING ANY CONTENT. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, AND YOUR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PRMIA OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY OR PERSON FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR OR THEIR DIRECT OR INDIRECT USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY OR PERSON IN RELIANCE UPON SUCH CONTENT OR FOR ANY TYPES OF DAMAGES (SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT DAMAGES), EVEN IF PRMIA OR CONTENT PROVIDERS KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON THIS SITE OR THE CONTENTS IN CAUSING OR EFFECTUATING AN EXECUTION OF ANY TRANSACTION.
PRMIA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ITS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS’ SITES AND SERVERS OR E-MAIL SENT FROM PRMIA OR CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE CONTENTS WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR ERRORS.
Use of Links
Comments and Communications
You may participate in the Discussion Forum, use your PRMIA Mailbox or Weblogs, or post a resume or job listing on the Job Posting Service, or use other services offered on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure that no portion of this content is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights or otherwise injurious to third parties. Anyone posting such content agrees to indemnify and hold PRMIA harmless from all actual and incidental costs and fees associated with PRMIA defense of any claims arising from such content, including, but not limited to, all attorneys' fees. PRMIA reserves the right to remove any offending content at its sole discretion.
Use and Protection of Username and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, and/or password. You are responsible for damages resulting from all uses of your username, and/or password, whether actually or expressly authorized by you, unless access to your account username, and/or password was obtained through no fault or negligence of your own.
From time to time, PRMIA may deliver to you via e-mail a newsletter or other communications on issues that PRMIA believes may be of interest to you, all in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act. If you have received such an e-mail communication from PRMIA and wish to opt-out of receiving further communications of that type, you may do so by following the opt-out procedure set forth in the e-mail or by blocking messages in your PRMIA mailbox.
Termination of Use
You agree that PRMIA may, in its sole discretion, at any time terminate your access to the site and any account you may have in connection with the site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the children is especially important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of Website is structured to attract anyone under 13 years of age.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. This End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is between you ("End User") and Professional Risk Managers' International Association ("PRMIA"). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions applicable to End User's access to and use of any PRMIA publication ("Licensed Product").
- GRANT OF LICENSE. PRMIA grants to End User the personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Licensed Product in accordance with the following:
a. Display: End User shall have the right to electronically display the Licensed Product.
b. Print Copy: End User may print paper copies of the Licensed Product for personal, non-commercial use.
The Licensed Product contains proprietary material that is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. PRMIA retains title to and all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Licensed Product. Any digital copying, routine or systematic redistribution of any portion, digital or print, of the Licensed Product is strictly prohibited.
- RESTRICTIONS. Except as expressly permitted under this Agreement, End User MAY NOT: (a) reproduce, publish, display, assign, sublicense, rent, lease, distribute, transfer, or otherwise make commercial use of the Licensed Product; (b) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or adapt the Licensed Product to create derivative works, in whole or in part; (c) place or install any portion of the Licensed Product on any electronic media, including, but not limited to, individual desktop computers, local or wide area networks, list servers, electronic bulletin boards and forums, or any other internet-based service. The use of "framing" or other means of redirecting content is strictly prohibited. ANY UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION, TRANSFER, REDISTRIBUTION, USE, OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RESTRICTIONS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE AND WILL CONSTITUTE GROUNDS FOR PRMIA, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO TERMINATE END USER'S PARTICIPATION AND MEMBERSHIP IN PRMIA, BAR END USER FROM OBTAINING PROFESSIONAL RISK MANAGER ("PRM") CERTIFICATION, AND/OR REVOKE END USER'S PRM CERTIFICATION.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. END USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE LICENSED PRODUCT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PRMIA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR NON-STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE LICENSED PRODUCT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS (WHETHER PATENT RIGHTS, COPYRIGHTS OR OTHERS). PRMIA MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE LICENSED PRODUCT AND ANY RELIANCE UPON THE CONTENTS OF THE LICENSED PRODUCT BY END USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY IS DONE SOLELY AT SUCH PARTY'S OWN RISK.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES. END USER AGREES THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PRMIA BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER FORESEEABLE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RELIANCE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR IMPAIRMENT OF ASSETS, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL PRMIA AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE REVENUES COLLECTED BY PRMIA UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- INDEMNIFICATION. End User shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend PRMIA, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, liability or cause of action arising from End User's use of the licensed products, other than in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
- SEVERABILITY. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared or found to be illegal by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be null and void with respect to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal and all the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of agreement between End User and PRMIA and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous representations, proposals, and agreements, verbal or written.
- TERM. This Agreement is effective upon End User's access to or use of the Licensed Product and remains in effect until expiration of all copyright interests in the Licensed Product unless earlier terminated. End User may terminate this Agreement by destroying the Licensed Product and any copy thereof. This Agreement will terminate automatically if End User fails to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement.
Product Return Policy
You may return unopened printed books within 30 days of delivery for a full refund less shipping cost and a $25USD processing fee. Items should be returned in their original product packaging.
Certification and Certificate Application or Program Fees:
Given the flexibility offered by PRMIA examination policy, all PRM Application and Program Fees and Certificate Program Fees are considered a final sale and non-refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
Digital Products or Publications:
There are no refunds issued for any digital products or publications.
Learning Program Cancellation Policy
All PRMIA learning events, including PRMIA member webinars, are subject to demand. PRMIA reserves the right to cancel or postpone events at short notice at no loss or liability where, in its absolute discretion, it deems this necessary. PRMIA will issue 100% of registration refund should cancellation be necessary. Travel and hotel expenses are the responsibility of the registering individual.
Learning Program Refund Policy
A refund, less an administrative fee (fee amount is noted in the course listing located on the PRMIA website) will be made if formal notice of cancellation is received by the date specified on the registration page, or within 72 hours in advance of the course start date if no date is specified. This policy also applies to fee-based PRMIA member webinars. We regret that no refunds will be made after that date.
Self-study courses delivered via the PRMIA learning management system are considered digital products and are nonrefundable.
Learning Program Substitution Policy
Learning Program registrations may not be transferred to another PRMIA member or non-member for attendance of a learning program. See the Learning Program Refund Policy for details on cancelling enrollment in a learning program.
Webinar Expiration Date
Webinar recordings are available to Sustaining Members for the time period stated on the webinar description, starting from the date it was recorded and/or live broadcast.
All PRMIA webinars are subject to demand. PRMIA reserves the right to cancel or postpone webinars at short notice at no loss or liability where, in its absolute discretion, it deems this necessary. PRMIA will issue 100% of registration refund should cancellation be necessary.
PRMIA Regional and Chapter Events
Unless otherwise stated in the event itself, the following policies apply to all PRMIA events.
All PRMIA events are subject to demand. PRMIA reserves the right to cancel or postpone events at short notice at no loss or liability where, in its absolute discretion, it deems this necessary. PRMIA will issue 100% of registration refund should cancellation be necessary. Travel and hotel expenses are the responsibility of the registering individual.
Event Cancellation Policy
Event cancellations may be made up to 72 hours prior to the event within PRMIA business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Eastern US Time) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +1 612-605-5370.
Event Refund Policy
For paid events, a refund will be made if formal notice of cancellation is received 72 hours prior to the date of the event.
Event Substitution Policy
A registration may be transferred to another PRMIA member or non-member for attendance of the same event by contacting email@example.com. Differences in event fees due to membership status must be paid at the time of transfer.
Orders may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such Import Fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; PRMIA has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Please note if the purchasing customer opts not to pay the potential taxes and fees as described above, the order in question will be abandoned or destroyed by the local postal service and a refund of the original purchase will not be made by PRMIA.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent for a copyright owner and believe that either (1) the Content on the Website or (2) any material or activity contained in an online location to which PRMIA has linked users infringes upon your rights under U.S. Copyright law, you may submit a notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our DMCA Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) and 512(d) for further detail):
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including the URL (or in the case of links that are claimed to lead to infringing material or activity, identification of the link that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that link);
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address; and, if you are not the copyright owner, the name of the owner;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement under the DMCA should be submitted to:
Professional Risk Managers’ International Association
1700 Cannon Road, Suite 200
Northfield, MN 55057
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Emails or notices sent to PRMIA without the above information, or for purposes other than communication about copyright claims, may not be acknowledged.
It is PRMIA policy, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers or are repeatedly charged with infringement.