PRMIA Climate & ESG Risk Management Working Group
The PRMIA Climate & ESG Risk Management Working Group is a forum for senior risk, finance, and capital management colleagues to discuss on a monthly basis the latest developments in the following areas:
- Climate Risk
- Carbon Markets
- Sustainable Finance
- Net Zero Transition
Topics of discussion from 2021 included the following:
- ESG Frameworks - which one? Debating the merits of external, internal and mandatory frameworks.
- Carbon Emissions Calculations - Temperature Alignment or Financed Emissions?
- Climate Risk Metrics and TCFD - How do we calculate and report? From Climate Change XVA to Climate Risk VaR.
- Carbon becoming an asset class, how banks will evolve the ETS and VCM markets. The impact of Basel regulations on Carbon.
- Sustainability - how to measure impact and tail risks. The EU Green Deal and the concept of Circularity.
- Sustainable Financing - which framework to comply with? The conduct imperative and integrating environmental metrics into daily risk management.
- Net Zero - the real definition and how will we calculate this definition. The conduct imperative for banks.
Our next Working Group will be convened on XX XX 2022.
The Working Group is by invitation only. If you are Director and above in the Financial Services sector, and wish to express your interest to joining the group, please send us your full name and LinkedIn URL here. We will endeavour to respond on your application within five working days.
The Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA) is a non-profit professional association, governed by a Board of Directors directly elected by its global membership. PRMIA is represented globally by 46 chapters in major cities around the world, led by Regional Directors appointed by the Board.
Mission and Objectives
Established in 2002 by a volunteer group of risk industry professionals, our mission is to provide an open forum for the development and promotion of the risk profession. To accomplish this mission, the objectives are:
Our mission is to promote, develop and share professional risk management practices globally. Our core objectives include:
- Being a leader of industry opinion and a proponent for the risk management profession
- Driving the integration of practice and theory and certifying the credentials of those in our profession
- Connecting practitioners, researchers, students and others interested in the field of risk management
- Global in our focus, promoting cross-cultural ethical standards, serving emerging as well as more developed markets
- Transparent, non-profit, independent, member-focused and member-driven
- Working with other professional associations in furtherance of the PRMIA mission