New Co-Regional Director Announcement
PRMIA announces today the appointment of Shirong Huang as the new Co-Regional Director of the Atlanta Chapter. Shirong is the Manager of Quantitative Model Development for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta, leading the effort in risk analytics and internal quantitative model development for the Bank’s proprietary credit risk application. She designed the first internal credit risk rating model and developed the modelling methodology framework shortly after joining the Bank in 2011. Over the past 5 years, she has been heavily involved in the establishment of the quantitative modeling team and functions for the Bank’s Credit and Collateral division. She also worked on the development of analytical tools to measure various types of risks related to collateral products such as mortgages and securities.
Prior to her current role, she worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and managed various auditing projects including the US GAAP IPO engagement, from which she gained broad experience in financial risk management from different sectors of the manufacturing industry. She holds a Master in Quantitative and Computational Finance from Georgia Tech.
Shirong will be replacing Bill Abernathy as Co-Regional Director of the Atlanta Chapter. She will join Keith Keller as Co-Regional Director. As chapter leader she, Keith and the Atlanta Steering Committee will strive to bring premier annual conferences to Atlanta. They plan to promote the growth of PRMIA to the next generation of risk managers in Atlanta and increase PRMIA’s brand awareness within the local academic community. They will also continue cultivating relationships with local professors, scholars and student associations to seek partnerships in building chapter events that combine best industry practices with advanced academic research.
PRMIA would like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Abernathy for his contributions to the Atlanta chapter and PRMIA. Bill served the Atlanta membership as Regional Director from 2013-2016. PRMIA is extremely grateful that Bill continues his support for PRMIA as a PRMIA Atlanta Steering Committee member.
PRMIA would like to acknowledge the Steering Committee members of the Atlanta chapter that will help the chapter achieve their goals, please find the members below.
- Keith Keller, Managing Director, Grant Thornton LLP
- Shirong Huang, Manager of Quantitative Model Development, Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
- Bill Abernathy, Principal, Abernathy Bank Consulting
- Dev Strischek, SVP & Senior Credit Policy Officer, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Giovanni Chin-A-Sen, Director of Finance, Blue Bird Corporation
- Ken Yoo ☆, Chief Risk Officer, Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
- Kirsten Travers-Uyham ☆, Managing Partner, River Cam Risk Advisors, LLC
- Mark Nowakowski, Principal, KPMG, LLP
- Robert McDonough, Senior Consulting Manager, Angel Oak Consulting Group
- Enrico Biffis, Professor of Risk Management and Insurance, Georgia State University