New Regional Director to lead the Chicago Chapter; Douglas Ashburn
New RD Announcement
PRMIA announces today the appointment of Douglas Ashburn as the new Regional Director of the Chicago Chapter. Doug is a 20-year veteran derivatives trader who has "reinvented himself" as a financial journalist. He is currently Chief Operating Officer and Editor-at-Large at John J. Lothian & Co., a Chicago-based financial media company.
As COO, he oversees the day-to-day operations of JJLCO's business units, including John Lothian News, John Lothian Productions and MarketsWiki Education. He also continues to lead the company's sales and business development efforts. As editor-at-large, he leads the development of MarketsReformWiki, a knowledge base for global financial regulatory reform, and he provides original content and editorial support for the firm's flagship John Lothian Newsletter, as well as its other sector-specific newsletters.
In 2012 and 2013, he served as editor of Intelligent Risk, PRMIA’s quarterly newsletter.
Doug will be replacing Timur Gok as Regional Director of the Chicago Chapter. As chapter leader he and the Chicago Steering Committee plan to engage with the academic community to increase PRMIA awareness at the student level. They will continue to host thought leadership and networking events to foster more of a sense of community within our local PRMIA chapter.
PRMIA would like to take this opportunity to thank Timur for his contributions to the Chicago chapter and PRMIA. Timur served the Chicago membership as Regional Director from the chapter’s inception in 2006 through 2016. PRMIA is extremely grateful for Timur’s leadership over the past 10 years. During his time as the Regional Director the Chicago chapter has hosted over 50 events engaging members from the student level to C-level professionals.
PRMIA would like to acknowledge the Steering Committee members of the Chicago chapter that will help the chapter achieve their goals, please find the members below.
- Douglas Ashburn, Chief Operating Officer and Editor-at-Large, John J. Lothian & Co.
- Allyson Heumann, Principal, Allyson Heumann & Associates
- Hillary Till, Principal, Premia Capital Management, LLC
- Joan Rockey, Principal & CFO, CastleArk Management LLC
- John Dodson ☆, Vice President, Quantitative Risk Management, The Options Clearing Corporation
- Mark Shore, Chief Research Officer, Shore Capital Research LLC, and Adjunct Professor, DePaul University
- Peter O'neill, Chief Risk Officer, Head of Finance (CFO), Uniper Global Commodities
- Saurabh Narain, Chief Executive Officer, National Community Investment Fund
- Timur Gok, Department of Finance, Northern Illinois University