New Co-Regional Director to lead the Montreal Chapter – Kabil Jaa
New Co-RD Announcement
PRMIA would like to announce today the appointment of Kabil Jaa as the new Co-Regional Director of its Montreal Chapter. Kabil, a member of the PRMIA Montreal Steering Committee for the past two years, is an analyst in the Credit and Liquidity Risk team at PSP Investments. In his role at PSP Investments, Kabil wears two hats, providing both quantitative and qualitative analysis. In fact, since joining PSP Investments in June 2013, Kabil performs credit analysis for some issuers, namely Canadian banks and brokers. More recently, Kabil has been instrumental in analyzing the risk profiles of the different external managers where PSP Investments is invested. Before joining PSP Investments, Kabil worked as an analyst in Integrated Risk Management at Laurentian Bank.
Kabil Jaa will be replacing Ron Cheshire as Co-Regional Director of the Montreal Chapter. As chapter leaders, Kabil, Co-RD David Streliski and the Montreal Steering Committee plan to continue to strengthen and develop the Montreal chapter. Initiatives, such as the Canadian Risk Forum, the Montreal Mentor Program and the PRMIA Risk Management Challenge, will continue to play a key role in our growing success. Also, particular attention will be directed toward enhancing collaboration with other local organizations involved in the financial community, such as CFA Montreal, AIMA/CAIA, ISFD, Finance-Montreal, etc.
PRMIA would like to take this opportunity to thank Ron Cheshire for his contributions to the Montreal chapter and PRMIA. Ron has served the Montreal membership as Regional Director for the past 4 years, Dec. 2011 – Dec. 2015, and has been a key factor in building PRMIA Montreal into one of PRMIA’s most successful and dynamic chapters. PRMIA is extremely grateful that Ron will continue his support for PRMIA as a steering committee member where he will keep improving the Chapter’s Mentorship program.
PRMIA would like to acknowledge the Steering Committee members of the Montreal chapter that are helping the chapter to achieve its goals. Please find a list of the members below.
- David Streliski ☆, Senior Vice-President, Chief Risk Officer, Fiera Capital
- Kabil Jaa ☆, Analyst, Credit and Liquidity Risk, PSP Investments
- Diane Alalouf, Co- Director of PRM Bursary Program, Investment Consulting Business Leader for Eastern Canada, Mercer
- Donald Couture, Deputy Regional Director & Co-Communications Director, Private Wealth Manager, Desjardins Private Management
- France Panneton, Head, Pension Plan De-risking Solutions, RBC
- Francesco Faiola, Executive Director, Head of Analytics Sales with Canadian Asset Owners and Head of Toronto Office, MSCI Inc.
- Frederic Blondeau, Vice President, Real Estate Research, Dundee Securities
- Isabelle Ayoub, Vice President, Portfolio Risk Management, Banque de Développement du Canada
- Jean-Claude Lebel, Consultant, Towers Watson
- Jeff D'avignon, Senior Sales Executive, IBM Canada Ltd
- Louise Tremblay, Co-Chair, Risk Management Challenge - Regional Round, Senior Manager, Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Luc St-Arnault, General Director, Institut de Finance Mathématique de Montréal
- Marc Gauthier, Deputy Regional Director & Co-Director of Mentor Program, University Treasurer, Concordia University
- Michel Delisle, Directeur de Projets, Centre Financier International de Montréal et Finance Montréal
- Mohamed Mokhtari, Partner, KPMG
- Ndéye Séne Mbaye, Senior Quantitative Auditor, Financial Markets and Treasury
- Pierre-Etienne Bergeron, Vice-President, Integrated Risk Management, Laurentian Bank
- Ralph Daghfal, Director, Addenda Capital
- Ron Cheshire ☆, Vice President, Triasima Portfolio Management Inc.
- Ryan Kastner, Associate, Financial Strategy Group, Mercer
- Samir Ben Tekaya, Co-Director of Mentor Program, Manager, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Simon Beaulieu, Partner, Ernst & Young, Financial Services Advisory
- Steven Rinaldi, Co- Director of PRM Bursary Program, Advisor, Project Integration and Optimization, Caisse centrale Desjardins
- Walid Bouslah, Treasurer & Sponsorship Director, Business Analyst, Finlogik, Inc.
- Yves Trudel, Professor, Université de Sherbrooke