What is the Market, Liquidity and Asset Liability Risk Management (MLARM) Certificate?
Market, Liquidity and Asset Liability Management may seem like an odd combination; however, in some of their original underlying areas and through the outcome of the recent financial crisis, they have become much more closely aligned. Both Market Risk and Asset Liability Management have interest rate risk as one of their underlying elements, and Asset Liability Management provides a mechanism to align these areas.
Gain a familiarity with the concept of risk management and its place in the business, organization or system
The PRMIA MLARM Certificate is designed to deliver a deep, practical understanding of these areas of risk management, their frameworks, and various measurement methodologies in financial institutions. Successful candidates will be better prepared to implement the processes, procedures and policies around these areas, as well as gain a deep overview of the related tools and techniques. In addition, they must commit to further uphold the highest professional and ethical standards as defined by the PRMIA Standards of Best Practice, Conduct and Ethics .
The MLARM Certificate is relevant to all risk-related roles in financial services, in particular Market Risk Staff, Treasury Staff, Financial Controllers and those managing the balance sheet, Technology Managers, and Compliance and Legal Officers. Also, a grounding in Market, Liquidity and Asset Liability Management techniques is becoming increasingly important for front line staff, both from a process perspective in their dealings with clients and market counterparts.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain an appreciation for the role of Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and Asset Liability Management in a post-crisis financial services industry
- Understand and apply the underlying principles of Market Risk
- Describe the elements of Market Risk Governance and the benefits of such an approach
- Gain an understanding of Market Risk Measurement and Management
- Gain an understanding of Market Risk in the Trading Book with a focus on the Business-Specific Context of the equity, fixed income, forex and commodity markets.
- Describe the elements of Commodities Market Risk Management approaches
- Gain an understanding of Market Risk Stress Testing and its renewed importance after the recent crisis
- Understand and apply the underlying principle of Asset Liability Management
- Understand the place of Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk within Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and Asset Liability Management
- Apply these elements in a Balance Sheet Management approach to risk management and appreciate the benefits of such an approach
- Describe the elements of FTP Governance and Management and describe the benefits of such an approach
- Describe the elements of FTP Methods and understand its historical development
Who holds the MLARM Certificate?
PRMIA Certifications Public Directory - access a list of risk professionals holding the MLARM Certificate from 2016 onward.