The Professional Risk Managers’ International Association seeks a CEO to provide inspirational leadership in driving our strategic plan, expanding the PRMIA network and driving revenue generation and growth objectives. The CEO shall be responsible for the association's adherence to financial and corporate governance best practices by promoting and requiring transparency and adherence to the Board’s policies.
The Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (“PRMIA”), a 501(c)6 non-profit professional association, and the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association Institute (“PRMIA Institute”), a 501(c)3 non-profit educational charity (collectively “PRMIA”). The PRMIA mission is to provide an open forum for the development and promotion of the risk profession. PRMIA strives to be:
- A leader of industry opinion and a proponent for the risk management profession
- Driving the integration of practice and theory and certifying the credentials of those in our profession
- Connecting practitioners, researchers, students and others interested in the field of risk management
- Global in our focus, promoting cross-cultural ethical standards, serving emerging as well as more developed markets
- Transparent, nonprofit, independent, member-focused and member-driven
- Working with other professional associations in furtherance of the PRMIA mission
PRMIA is governed by a Board of Directors directly elected by its global membership of more than 50,000 people in 200 countries and 15 paid staff. PRMIA is represented globally by 46 chapters in major cities around the world, led by volunteer Regional Directors. PRMIA has partnerships with more than 20 leading global universities and a volunteer community exceeding 600 risk management specialists in financial institutions, academics and regulators. Day-to-day operational management is provided by professional staff from our administrative office in Minnesota. For more information visit www.prmia.org
- Actively engage and energize PRMIA's volunteer leadership, partnering organizations and funders
- Serve the non-voting staff-liaison role for the PRMIA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Finance Committee
- Under the board's direction, assure that PRMIA has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission using volunteers and paid staff
- Understand the technical aspects of managing a nonprofit corporation according to the laws of the United States, Delaware, Minnesota and other relevant jurisdictions, including the laws of countries in which PRMIA has activities
- Work in partnership with the Managing Director of Operations to lead and motivate central office and satellite staff members
Business Development and Communication:
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new revenue opportunities
- Build partnerships in new and existing markets, establishing relationships with funders and risk leaders
- Implement successful strategies for extensive fundraising via business development (PRMIA), donations and grants (PRMIA Institute)
- Serve the organization's ambassador, creating a stronger organizational brand
- Ensure that the PRMIA message is heard and acted on by senior decision makers world-wide
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates top-quality of diverse leaders
- Insure that the Board are kept fully informed on the condition of PRMIA and all important factors influencing it
- Ensure that the short and long term working capital and financial management needs of PRMIA are adequately addressed
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit PRMIA to carry out its work within established budgets
- At all times operates in a manner consistent with the ideals, spirit and laws of nonprofit corporations
The CEO will be thoroughly committed to PRMIA's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship development experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- At least five years of experience in an executive role, preferably for a non-profit association
- Certified Association Executive/CAE designation a plus
- Proven track record of establishing coalitions and strategic partnerships
- Proven ability to generate revenue through sales, sponsorships, and fundraising
- Excellent leadership skills, including those needed to motivate a volunteer led organization
- Background in risk management, insurance or finance industry is an asset
- Legal and/or advocacy background a plus
- Experience as a change agent, strategic thinker, and relationship/consensus builder.
- Experience working with a governing board.
- Demonstrated understanding of governance issues, including board management and dynamics.
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral, and experience with public speaking.
- Previous oversight of budgeting and financial management of an organization.
- Ability to set priorities, mentor, motivate, and develop a senior-level staff.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and orientation
- Enjoys a sometimes-demanding travel schedule
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and think tactically
- International experience desirable
- Preferably located in a major city in North America
The position of CEO reports directly to the PRMIA Executive Committee