Date: October 17, 2018
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Credit Suisse Warsaw Office
Atrium 2, Pereca 1, 6th Floor
14:00 – 14:30 Registration and opening
Konrad Kompa, PRMIA Poland Chapter Regional Director and Head of UK Investment Banking CRO Poland, Credit Suisse
14:30 – 15:15 Managing a market leader through the financial crisis - a CEO perspective
Mariusz Grendowicz, Member of Supervisory Board, Aviva Poland, BRE Bank CEO in 2008
15:15 – 16:00 Regulatory changes in the Polish banking sector since 2008
Filip Switala, Deloitte, Board Advisor
16:00 – 16:30 Coffee Break
16:30 – 17:30 Steering a global bank through the 2008 financial crisis and the ‘bail-in’ concept
Wilson Ervin, Credit Suisse Vice Chairman in the Group Executive Office and Group Chief Risk Officer in 2008
17:30 – 18:30 Panel Debate
Senior risk executives will discuss the current and future financial sector stability
- Mariusz Grendowicz, Member of Supervisory Board, Aviva Poland
- Professor Krzysztof Jajuga, President of CFA Society Poland
- Aneta Kocemba-Muchowicz, Head of Credit Suisse Warsaw and the Chairperson of the Panel Debate
- Konrad Kompa, PRMIA Poland Chapter Regional Director and Head of UK Investment Banking CRO Poland, Credit Suisse
- Marek Lusztyn, Chief Risk Officer and Member of the Board, Pekao SA
- Andrzej Kulik, Chief Risk Officer and Member of the Board, mBank Hipoteczny
- Patrick Roesink, Chief Risk Officer and Member of the Board, ING Bank Slaski
- Przemyslaw Szczygielski, Partner at Deloitte, Financial Services Industry (FSI) Risk and Regulatory Advisory Leader for Poland
18:30 – 19:00 Closing and Networking
Participants will be invited to a networking drink following the event.
Wilson Ervin, Credit Suisse Vice Chairman in the Group Executive Office
Mr. Ervin is a Vice Chairman at Credit Suisse in the group executive office. He works on a variety of strategic projects, especially policy reforms related to bank capital and ending “too-big-to-fail”. He also chairs the Credit Suisse Americas Foundation and the Impact Investment Advisory Council.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Ervin was the Chief Risk Officer of Credit Suisse, a member of the Executive Board, and chair of the Capital Allocation and Risk Management Committee. From 1990 to 1998, Mr. Ervin worked at Credit Suisse Financial Products, where he headed new product development. Before 1990, he held various roles in capital markets (both fixed income & equity), Australia investment banking, and the Mergers & Acquisitions group.
Mr. Ervin recently received the Risk Magazine “Lifetime Achievement Award” for his efforts to end “too big to fail” and Bail-in. He received his A.B., summa cum laude, in economics from Princeton University.
This event is FREE for members and non-members, although registration is required. Click "Register Myself" below to reserve your spot. Make sure to click "Continue" to proceed with your registration. (If this is your first time accessing the PRMIA website you will need to create a short user profile to register.)